Information required by SPPA

A written request is required stating both the Date of Marriage or Date of Civil Partnership and the Date of Separation in order to provide a CETV (dates are not required when the member is in receipt of a pension i.e. the request is for a PETV).

The request must also clearly specify that the request is for the purposes of divorce or the dissolution of a civil partnership

Note: To calculate any pension values, the SPPA needs information from third parties such as Employers and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC - formerly Inland Revenue) This process can therefore take up to three months to complete (The Pensions on Divorce etc. (Provision of Information) Regulations 2000).

Link to Scottish Government Website