You may be able to transfer pension rights into the LGPS from:
- a previous LGPS Fund, or
- a previous employer's pension scheme, or
- a self-employed pension plan, or
- a ‘buy-out’ policy, or
- a personal pension plan, or
- a stakeholder pension scheme, or
- an Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) arrangement
You cannot however transfer a pension credit into the LGPS. A pension credit is a share of an ex-spouse's or ex-civil partner's pension benefits, as awarded by a Court under a Pension Sharing Order, or by a qualifying agreement in Scotland, following a divorce or a dissolution of a civil partnership.
Please use the menu on the left to find out more about transferring your pension rights.