Restoring previously refunded contributions

If you are in pensionable employment you can repay to the STSS any contributions you withdrew before 1st June 1973.  You will have to pay compound interest on the contributions at the rate of 3.5% for each year since the refund was made.  This service will then be re-instated into the STSS and will count in the normal way when we calculate your retirement pension and lump sum.

To apply for previously withdrawn contributions you should complete the application form available in the Forms section of the website.

Link to Scottish Government Website