Dependants' Allowances

If you are in receipt of a dependant’s pension, these are normally paid up to age 17.  After this age you should contact us if:

    • You intend to leave or have left full time education
    • You intend to take a gap year
    • You enter into marriage or civil partnership

We may contact you on a regular basis and ask you to confirm that you are still in full-time education.  If we do not receive a reply from you, your pension will be suspended. 

Any change in circumstances should be notified to the SPPA immediately.  Please see our Change of Details page.

Failure to notify us of any change in circumstances, which leads to a dependants pension being payable when entitlement has ceased, will be recoverable by SPPA.

Link to Scottish Government Website