My tax code has changed

We are instructed by HMRC to apply the relevant tax codes.  We are unable to provide advice or explanations as to how our Pensioners’ tax codes are calculated.

If your tax code has changed and you require further information or have any questions about your tax affairs, please contact:              

HM Inspector of Taxes
Centre 1
Queensway House
Stewartfield Way
East Kilbride
G79 1AA 

      Telephone: 0845 3000 627

Tax Reference (also known as PAYE reference)  

      Retired Teacher 961 9000458

      Family Benefits 961 8235354

      GAC 961 8229439             

      ECON: E3900002R

      SCON: S2731010L

You should have your National Insurance number to hand when you make your call.

It is normal practice that when your pension commences, it will be taxed at an emergency rate until HMRC are in a position to provide us with the correct tax code applicable. Any queries regarding this should be directed to HMRC Telephone 0300 200 3300.

Link to Scottish Government Website