Medical Appeals

complaintsAll medical ill-health retirement appeals on a UK basis are referred to a Board of Referees supplied by Health Management Limited (HML).  The administration of these appeals is carried out by the Department of Communities and Local Government.

If you wish to make an appeal against a decision on ill-health retirement you should in the first instance contact your employer.

Non Medical Appeals and Complaints

All non medical appeals and complaints are handled by SPPA.

For further information, please see our complaints and disputes section.

Link to Scottish Government Website