My tax code has changed

We are instructed by HMRC to apply the appropriate tax codes. We are unable to provide advice or explanations as to how our Pensioners' tax codes are calculated.

If your tax code has changed and you require further information or have any questions about your personal tax affairs, please contact HMRC directly on: 0300 200 3300.

You will need your 9 digit payroll number when you make the call, along with your National Insurance Number and PAYE reference, which is shown below:

Police: 475/FB11392

Please note, it is normal practice that when your pension commences, it will be taxed at an emergency rate until HMRC are in a position to provide us with the correct tax code applicable.

Link to Scottish Government Website